A lot of people have one or more missing teeth due to an injury, tooth decay or illness. Missing teeth can make it difficult for you to eat and speak like a normal person. Dentures are the most cost-effective methods to replace missing teeth. But they might not be suitable for your individual situation. Therefore before getting one, it is important that you take a look at the pros and cons of each type of dentures.
The two types of dentures are permanent dentures and temporary partial dentures.
If you have your teeth removed and need a permanent denture; your dentist will recommend to you get a temporary denture for the time being. Temporary dentures are also called immediate dentures. As you get them immediately after a tooth extraction surgery. You can wear them for probably two to three months after tooth extraction.
• Helpful for people with teeth and gum sensitivity since they don’t have to stay with missing teeth during the recovery period.
• Less pressure on remaining teeth when chewing food
• An inexpensive option
• Their creation may require several dental visits before surgery
• You can know how will they look upon you after the surgery
• An added cost to permanent dentures
Permanent dentures consist of a row of artificial teeth connected in a frame and are held in position by dental implants. As the name suggests they offer a permanent replacement to your missing teeth.
• They are long-lasting and durable
• You don’t need to remove them for cleaning
• They support facial features and give you a more natural look
• You can eat and speak more comfortably with them as compared to temporary dentures
• A costly method
• It involves surgery, therefore, a chance of infections and swelling is present
Both types of dentures have pros and cons, but still, the choice should be made under the supervision of a dentist. Call Spring Cypress Dental on 281-256-3222 and get help from our dental professionals.